For the Professional Groomer, Handler, and Veterinarian
If your just doing your own dog, and not a professional groomer working in a grooming shop, or a Handler, or a Vet, please find someone else to get your blades sharpened.
<<<<< MAIL-IN SHEET w/PRICES IS ON LEFT
Sharpening Information Page
There Is Alot Here, At Least Scroll And Glance At These Sections:
- Mailing Information (print out "Mail-in Sheet") -
- Sharpening Prices (see tab on left)-
- Scissor Types - - The different edge types on thinners explained -
- Blades We Sharpen -
- Trimmer Blades We Sharpen -
- Wahl 5-N-1 Blade Refurbish Program -
- Clipper Repair (see tab on left) -
- Payment Methods WE PREFER CREDIT CARDS ONLY -
( WE DO NOT TAKE AMEX CARDS or PAYPAL for sharpening orders)
>>>>>What To Use, And Not Use When Packing A Box <<<<<
- Terms Of Our Guarantee On Bottom Of Page -
Regular customers only read it once, then go get the "Mail-in Sheet" after that.
Read my blog on Petgroomer.com, the tab is on the left.
<<<<< If you just want the Mail-in Sheet, Click the navigation bar on left
Our customers have told us how fantastic our customer service is, but remember we are a business and not social media. Please, any questions, complaints, or inquiries will be done by phone and not using texts or emails. We get more done by talking than sending emails or texts back and forth over time. Texts and emails have no emotion, are not part of our customer service policy.
Home of Furzone Clipper Blades & Comb Sets
Furzone Premium Clipper Blades are the best in the world, and the hardest. They have a 62 Rockwell that was verified in a certified metalurgical lab along with every popular blade made today. Furzone was number one over 8 other blade manufacturers. The others may say they are hard, but testing shows they are all around the same hardness 54 - 56 Rockwell.
Look over the whole line of Furzones on our sales website:
251-232-5353 Hours: 8 to 5 cst - Closed Sunday and Monday like our grooming shop
My crew and I do take a couple days off a week like anyone else. This time is used to attend church on Sunday, and do doctor appointments on Monday. Please respect this and not call us on these two days, even though you think you need to. We won't answer anyway.
Our Daughters Sharpning Service in Central Arkansas
Amber worked for us over 10 years sharpening and in the grooming shop, she knows everything about this business. When she moved to Arkansas , she took over all the sharpening in Central Arkansas because groomers were not pleased with the sharpeners passing through, there are no sharpeners living there, they come from out of state. When they left, they never answered their phones because of the problems. Groomers were glad she moved there, they finally have a sharpener of their own that lives in the same community.
She has the same equipment we have here, and she has a small mail-in business right now. She also runs a mobile sharpening service, as well as a pick-up and mail back service.
Please give her a try sometime. You will be happy you have a second place to send stuff, especially during a hurricane season like we had here in 2017 along the Gulf of Mexico.
Her prices are the same as ours, she also takes Paypal for payment along with credit cards
If you do alot of cats with #10's or 7F's please designate these blades for me. Its best to set the tension of these blades at the high end of the tension spec, and set the cutter back a little more so it will dig. If not, they may have trouble cutting and just skim over the fur in some of these cats with dense fur. Make sure your clipper is 100% as well, a worn blade drive will not let the blade dig in cat fur. Have a new blade drive on when you do cats.
Sometimes as you know you just have to find a 10 that will work on a cat, but this helped me when I was shaving down cats all the time..
How to test ANY SIZE blade on any dog. Especially on a short haired dog.
You can now test all the blades you get back from sharpening in minutes using this technique. We recommend on the invoice you test your equipment within 5 working days. No more waiting for the perfect dog to come in to test your blades over a months time. Any blade cuts like a #10 using this technique, so you can test on the back, belly, or any place you would use a short blade. We used to hold a dog that was getting shaved to test our blades on while the sharpener was still in the parking lot.
I have been asked multiple times what Ultra Sonic cleaner to use, and what unit we have. You want one thats big enough, and one thats going to put out good UC waves. UC's clean by sending out sound waves and these wave disturb liquids that do the cleaning.
The best thing we found was to get a professional lab unit, they are not that much more expensing than the cheaper oval unit they sell to clean jewlery. This is the model we have, got it off Amazon for about $130.00 and four mason jars fit in it.
VEVOR Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner 6L Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner with Digital Timer
Click on this picture to go to the 6L Ultrasonic Cleaner on Amazon
VEVOR Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner 1.3L Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner with Digital Timer
Got it on Amazon for $65.00
Note: The bath is only 3 inches deep. It will hold small jars, or put your blades directly in the batch along with water and soap. For a single user this is a good choice.
Click on this picture to go to the 1.3L Ultrasonic Cleaner on Amazon
What Kind Of Edge Is On Your Shears?
The Beveled Edge Considered the "Work Horse" of the grooming industry. This edge is the standard edge of 90% of all grooming shears. Why is this edge so good for grooming? Because it will cut almost every type of coat without going dull so quickly. The small 30 degree bevel on the edge gives this edge its support. It will cut out mats, dirty hair, wet hair, and general roughing in without dulling out or pushing the hair very quickly. It can be sharpened on standard sharpening equipment. We charge $8.00 to sharpen shears with this edge.
The Convex Edge
Considered a finishing shear rather than one used to "rough in".The convex edge is identified as looking like a razor. When both blades are sharpened properly you can barely feel the shear go through the hair. This same edge is on most beauty shears. The convex edge gets its strength from the metal of the shear its on. Good shears with a convex edge are usually in the $150+ price range, and may have a ball bearing as a pivot rather than just a tension screw. The better the metal the longer the edge will last. Of course, what you cut with the shear influences the life of the edge as well. We charge $15.00 to sharpen shears with the convex edge because they need to be honed to get that razor edge.
I can sharpen left hand shears great, but I can not test them properly to make sure they cut. There is a tension difference between right and lefty scissoring which is more the problem than anything. If you know of this problem and can adjust your shears to fit you grip and squeeze, then your good, because I can't get it perfect for lefty's. So if your not comfortable with this, don't send any left hand shears for us to sharpen. No re-do's and no refunds on lefties. Just being honest with you.
Here is a picture that helps you determine the difference between bevel and convex edges. Each edge has a different job in grooming, learn what it is and apply it correctly.
Most thinners today have went to a convex edge on them to produce a smooth finish, unlike the beveled edge which leaves a choppy finish.
If your always having issues with your shears, it may be the way you take care of them. Here is an article that will help you maintaine your shears the proper way.
NOTE: Screws that keep loosening up are cause by you not lubing the pivot like your suppose to. Hair in the pivot retains moisture, which will rust the threads on your pivot screw. The screw loosens when you scissor because of this. We cannot fix this sometimes because it takes a new screw, and we dont have every screw to fit every shear out there. So if it doesn't get fixed, thats the reason.
We Do Not Have authority to sharpen these shears but groomers send them to us everyday because they trust our work. They also don't like the cost from these companies for sharpening, and the warranties they never honor. There is no special procedure for sharpening these shears, they sharpen like any others. We've been told we do a better job anyway.
We Sharpen Any Blade That Fits Your Clipper
All brands of A5 blades fit all brands of A5 clippers, no blades are specific to clippers brands.
We sharpen all brands of all steel blades, blades with ceramic cutters, barber blades that fit the vibrating clippers, and large animal blades. We sharpen ALL BRANDS and TYPES of clipper blades.
IF YOU HAVE BLADES WITH BROKEN TEETH, THEY CANNOT BE FIXED, DON'T SEND THEM
#30 BLADES WITH BROKEN TEETH WE WILL SHARPEN AUTOMATICALLY UNLESS YOU NOTE IT
THERE IS A PLACE ON THE INVENTORY SHEET FOR BLADES WITH BROKE TEETH Note: We don't test blades on comb attachments to see if they work. So if you put a #40, #30, #15, #10, or #9 on a comb and push it through the coat and it just snags, something is wrong. You need to take the blade off the comb, push the cutter to each side while cleaning the hair from under it and then oil with blade oil (no coolants). Try the blade on the belly someplace by skimming it to see if it cuts with out the comb on it. We test every blade we sharpen on our clipper that has new parts, if it dont cut at your shop something is wrong.
Any 2 Inch All STEEL Blades
Any 2 Inch CERAMIC Blades
Any 3 Inch WIDE Blades
All 2 Inch Barber/Home Groomer Blades
All 3 Inch Andis T Blades
All 3 Inch Power Pro Blades
Any 2 Inch Furzone Blade
All Oster 2 Inch A-2 Blades
Any 2 Inch Buttercut blade. Yes they can be resharpened, we sharpen them every day.
INDIVIDUAL CERAMIC CUTTERS
We stopped sharpening ceramic cutters that are not mounted on the entire blade. If you are sending a handfull of unmounted ceramic cutters, without the bottom blade they go on, we will send them back. REASON: Every blade that gets sharpened has material taken off of it. If your going to slip a ceramic cutter on a blade and push the old cutter off, the tension may not be good for the new ceramic cutter. Thus it will just snag or not cut. With a complete blade, we can make sure it cuts before it leaves here.
4 Inch Wide Animal Blades $7.00 set
4 Point Sheep Blades $7.00 set
Sullivan Blades $7.00 set
4 Inch Wide Animal Blades $7.00 set
Lister Blades $7.00 set
If you have a comb that looks like the picture with the plate loose, or the teeth bent, throw it away and buy a new one. Your blades will drag if you use it.
We don't fix combs, so please don't send them.
Blade plaque resides inbetween the teeth of your blades, its there because you don't clean your blades properly. This plaque is organic and holds bacteria, virus and molds, and your disenfectant will not kill anything in it.
Its your job to keep plaque to a minimum, you do it with a toothbrush and blade wash every day. If you let it go, it can be so thick the blade won't even go through coat. Please read the article it will shock you.
There is more to ceramic blades than you think. If your having trouble with them constantly you may not be using them correctly. Ceramic blades have to be handled differently than steel blades, read this article. Maybe ceramic isn't a good choice for you!
How do you know if your clipper blade is good or bad, or is worth being re-sharpened? Do you have blades with broken parts, or you feel they are old and worn out? Read this article and you'll know !--->
We DO sharpen all versions of the Wahl 5-N-1, If they don't look like any of the ones in the photos, please don't send them. We will just be returning them.
Wahl Pro Blade
Wahl 5-in-1 Black. REFURBISH ONLY, NOT RESHARPENED
Wahl 5-in-1 Silver. REFURBISH ONLY, NOT RESHARPENED
Wahl Diamond Pro
Break The Tab On Your Wahl 5-N-1 Blade???
We have NEW spring decks to install on your Wahl 5-N-1 blades so don't throw them away. THEY CAN BE FIXED and REFURBISHED for $10.00
Spring Decks alone cost $5.00 each, New cutters are $8.00 each.
Why not take advantage of our "5-N-1 Refurbish Program"? Cost is $10.00 per blade.
Wahl 5-N-1 Blade Re-furbish Program
We can REFURBISH your Wahl 5-N-1 Blade for $10.00
This includes new factory parts if they are broken. Refurbishing extends usable blade life and SAVES MONEY!!
Here is the refurbishing process:
- We take the bottom blade and polish the cutting edge on a factory wheel for 5-N-1's only.
- The spring deck (black part) is replaced if any of the tabs are broken, or we leave the old one on.
- We take the old cutter and refurb it or replace it with a factory cutter valued at $6.00
- The re-furbished blade looks and cuts like an almost new blade without buying a new blade.
-We will give you a "Tip Sheet" on the functionality of the 5-N-1 blade, and cleaning tips.
** We suggest to never use the wide open setting, it can snag as the blade ages **
** The more times a blade is refurbished, it can seem louder because its made of plastic**
You get an "almost new" blade for $10.00
We can re-furbish your used 5-N-1 cutters for $3.00 each (lots of 25 per order)The cutters must have rail, and not been previously sharpened on an A5 machine or diamond pad.We have the Wahl specifications on our refurbishing wheel so they will be trueWhy spend top dollar for new cutters when we can help you make extra money?
NOTE: The enclosed spring decks for the 5-N-1 "Pro's" are not available from Wahl, it can be replaced with the standard open spring deck if its broken and unusable. But you have to indicate that on the inventory sheet because some folks love the closed top, but do not like the open top.
NOTE: The plastic piece on the cutter blade (cutter notch) is not replaced or replaceable. This part is not available for purchase from Wahl either, so grease that cutter notch.
*** We are a Wahl Distributor and Repair Center ***
Important: We cannot guarantee a "Like New" blade after refurbishing if the blade was first sharpened by a sharpener using the same blade machine they sharpen regular A5 blades on. The reason is that blade machine for regular clipper blades has a different angle to the plate and will grind the #9 position, or wide open position, off the blade. We cannot restore it fully, but very close because we will try and put the correct angle back on the blade with our specification plate with the correct angle. The blade will work beautifully in all other positions.
5-N-1's cannot be successfully sharpened on the same machine regular clipper blades are sharpened on, but they do it anyway. The reason is the plate angle of that machine is steeper, and you loose the wide open setting after a few times. Also, so much metal is take off that the blade can only be sharpened a few times. Our refurbishing machine is at the specification angle. It polishes the edge to sharpness taking little or no metal off. We have refurbished blades up to 10 times.
Here are instructions on cleaning and lubrication of the 5-N-1 Blade
Insert blades with "TEETH DOWN" for the safety of the blades. Putting two in a slot will increase shipping volume.
Replace the cover and "SECURE IT DOWN" with rubberbands or tape. If not, the cover will raise up and blades will come out of the slots and break the teeth.
No need to wrap blades inside the blade box, it won't help. We will not rewrap blades going back unless you point it out. We will charge 50 cents a blade to wrap them.
Arrangement that fits 25+ blades securely in Blade Box
This is how your properly sized box should look after you pack it up. The blades are secure in some sort of blade box, blade boxes are better than wrapping them because it keeps them from floating around in the shipping box. If you have to wrap blades, totally wrap them in bubble wrap and secure with rubber bands. The clipper is totally wrapped in bubble wrap and tucked to the side with the cord wrapped up and placed next to the blade box. Shears are totally wrapped in bubble wrap and secured with rubber bands, they are placed on top of everything else. Lastly, pack all the empty spaces with peanuts, newspaper, or plastic grocery bags so nothing moves around during the shipment. Shake your box after closing it up to make sure you dont hear anything moving around.
USE COMMON SENSE
Best way to pack clippers so they don't get damaged
DON'T USE THE CLIPPER BOX UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO
Why? Two reasons. First, the cipper box has no padding inside. When the box gets slammed, the clipper body can break. We have unpacked many clippers from these boxes with the bodies broken. Second, If you send us a clipper, box it wont fit in any flat rate, or regional rate shipping box for the trip back to you. So, we will find a box it does fit in, and you will pay alot of money shipping it both ways.
WITHOUT THE CLIPPER BOX, THERE ARE MORE OPTIONS FOR SAFETY AND INEXPENSIVE SHIPPING
Wrap the clipper a couple times with good bubble wrap. Bubble wrap will protect the clipper if it gets slammed against the back wall of a truck, and could protect it when another box is dropped on it. This box is a Regional A box, it will bold a box of blades, your clipper wrapped in bubble wrap, and a few pair of shears wrapped in bubble wrap. The shipping cost on this box is $10.00 or less depending on weight and how far its shipped. I've never paid over $10 to ship this box anywhere. This way is alot cheaper to ship than getting a "Large Flat Rate box" to ship this clipper box in that could be shipped cheaper.
Disclaimer: Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc is not responsible for equipment lost or damaged in transit from us, so the owner will not be compensated. The shipping company is responsible, so shipping insurance is the only way you can get compensated for lost or damaged equipment. We do not apply insurance to shipments automatically even if there was insurance applied when it was shipped to us. You have to request we apply insurance and how much to apply to the return shipment. You can do this by documenting your request on our "Inventory Sheet", a received email, or on a plain piece of paper inside the box. Verbal notification over the phone will not be adequate, it can be forgotten that way. Sharpening shipped to the wrong address, or a different address than previously shipped by Northern Tails Sharpening, we will not be responsible for. There is a place on the Inventory sheet to highlight the change of address. If a plain piece of paper is used, you must designate the new address by using the words "New Address". If either option isnt used. we may not identify a different address, and your box will go to the old address in our shipping software. At that point you will have to contact the post office of that zipcode with the tracking number to find your box. Or go to the old address and see if they have it. We are unable to help you find your box in this situation unless its shipped back to us. We will then contact you for the correct address and reship. This is our protocol for shipping insurance and address changes.
We take pictures of your equipment for your protection in case items disappear during shipment, we will know exactly what we shipped back to you. We also put an identifying mark on your blades and shears after sharpening, this is for our protection. Our clipper blade machine engraves a date on each blade after sharpening, it identifies that we sharpened that blade and when. If another sharpener sharpens the blade they will remove the mark. Shears are manually marked the same way for our protection. If a shear does not have this date on it, and it isnt in the picture we took, we did not sharpen it. These policies are meant to maintain integrity.
COPIES OF INVOICES Since so many of our customers mismanage, misplace, or throw away their invoices, at the end of the year when they realize they need them for taxes they call us wanting copies.
We do have records of every invoice we have ever written, but if you want a copy of it the cost is $5.00 each. This covers the labor of going back in history and finding it, making a PDF of it, then emailing it. When we print invoices to ship, we do that in duplicate. These duplicate invoices are kept by month in a box in storage, we keep them a year. If you say you never got an invoice in your shipment, and we verify you did by going down and locating the duplicate in storage unit, the cost of a copy will be $10.00 each. The reason for this is the labor involved in proving to us you did get an invoice.
If you would have said something within the first 5 days of receipt of your equipment like the invoice says (if anything is wrong to call immediately), then we would have sent the invoice free because it wouldnt be archived, it would be in the current months batch on the computer. But after all this time we have to charge you because its not as easy as you might think. Our database is not connected to the internet (by law), so data from it has to be dropped to a stick and transferred to a computer that is connected to the internet. Its not our fault that you dont have copies of your invoices, they were created and sent with the shipment. This happens every year about this time. People have either misplaced or threw away invoices their accountant says they need for taxes. They got them with their shipment, but instead of making sure they are in a secure place where they can find them, or look around for them a while, they call us wanting us to send duplicates to them. We dont mind sending duplicate invoices to anybody for a cost. Many small businesses do this same thing, and I dont feel bad doing it because it takes time out of our day to find these invoices and get them to you.
Terms of the "Satisfaction Guarantee"
TERMS AFFECTING SHEAR SHARPENING
SHEAR SHARPENING - We don't really warranty shear sharpening for a couple reasons. Some shears come in and are old and sharpened for years. If your expectation of sharpening such a shear to come back cutting like new, that wont happen. We do the best we can to ge that shear cutting very good with what we have to work with in that shear. Thin blades and pointy tips we have no control of so your paying for our time working with such shear. Shears thatare damaged or damaged by another sharperner we can't warraty either. We do the best we can to get that shear cutting as close to perfect as we can with what we have to work with in that shear.. If your expectations of said shear is it would cut like when it was new, that may not happen. Your paying for the time we spent working on that shear.
HOW WE DETERMINE SHARPNESS OF SHEARS. We test your shear on hair before we sharpen it, then test again on hair after we sharpen it. If its 100% sharper after than it was before, then we call it sharpened. If you call and complain its not as sharp as it should be will not matter to us. You last memory of the shear is that it was dull, and we can't use your memory of the shears sharpness way back when it was new or last sharpened. Plus, when used on different coats and different depths of cut can make a difference on how the shear cuts. So when you say the shear isn't sharp as is could be is a mute point, to us it was sharpner than when it was received, and will cut the whole length of the blades. Many times people do this to get a refund for the sharpening, we dont give refunds. We can however re-sharpen said shear at your expense if it matches the photo we took of said shear when it was here. You will mail it back at your expense. There will be no re-do's on Left Hand Shears because we expressed that you DO NOT SEND LH shears because we don't do a good job sharpening them.
NOTE 1: We will marke your equipment to show that we sharpened it for identification. We engrave blades on the back rail with our mark. Any other sharpener sharpenes your blades this mark will be ground off. We will mark your shears with a SHARPIE on the inside of the pivot with our mark. This mark will not be seen unless you take the shears apart. We will mark your clipper on the motor if a large part was replaced (ie switch, cord, armature, ect) to show when and who replaced these parts. Marking equipment keeps both parties honest since all this equipment does look the same. We also take pictures of large orders, or shears of high value. The pictures help if any equipment is lost or damaged in transit, and you need proof to file a claim. It also keep folks honest on what shears they sent for sharpening.
NOTE 2: We do not sharpen left hand shears, SEND AT YOUR OWN RISK. We do not warranty them. No Redo's or refunds.
NOTE 3: We do not sharpen curved chunkers or curved thinners, do not send them. The place you bought them may sharpen them.
NOTE 3: How your shear cuts depends if its adjusted properly to fit your grip and hand squeeze. Any sharpener can get it close, but not exact. The customer must be able to adjust their shears to fit the grip and squeeze of their hand, this is a must. Do not rely on someone else to get it right especially if that are not in your presence and you mailed your shears to them. If you can adjust the seat in your car, you can fine tune the tension of your shears to fit you squeeze and grip. We don't warranty the fact you don't know how to adjust your shears to work properly, the sharpener is responsible for making them sharp only.
TERMS AFFECTING OTHER ITEMS IN YOUR ORDER
A. Not following instructions on the accompanying "Tip Sheet" for blades and shears.
B. Not following the instructions on the accompanying "Suggestion Sheet For 5-N-1 Blades"
1. The instructions on the invoice pertaining to steel blades must be followed. 2. The instructions on the invoice pertaining to ceramic blades must be followed. 3. The instructions on the invoice pertaining to trimmer blades must be followed 4. The instructions on the invoice pertaining to shears and adjusting must be followed. 5. Your clipper maintenance must be up to date. Blades wont cut on clippers that are not maintained even if the blades cut on it before they were sent. Freshly sharpened blades bring out worn parts on clippers. Just don't think your clipper is OK, watch the video on this website pertaining to your brand of clipper titled "What to check on your clipper when blades don't cut". When in doubt, send your clipper along and we'll check it out for problems and make sure your blades work properly on it.. 6. All equipment must be tested upon receipt then stored away for later use if that's what you intend. If there are any problems we need to address them within 5 days of receipt of equipment. 7. Any problems with receiving equipment from Northern Tails Sharpening Inc that is broken, bent, or lost, is the responsibility of the shipping company. Get insurance for the trip to us and the return trip. We pack boxes the best we can but what is actually enough packing when they throw boxes. Call us on the phone. 8. Any problems, call us on the phone within 5 days of receipt of equipment. NO EMAILS or TEXTS. You may have problems we are not responsible for and can help you with. We have training videos and articles that will help you manage your equipment. We have proven that its not always the sharpening when there is a problem, but we have to investigate to find out the problem. 9. There are no refunds. We will work with you to investigate any problems you may have except for broken or missing equipment received in the mail. The post office is responsible for any damaged or missing equipment. We dont break equipment and mail it back to you. Call us on the phone. 10. You must not use spray coolant, WD-40, or REM Oil as lubricants. Only the use of blade oil put on a blade before, during, and after the groom (per manufacturers instructions) will we recognize and proper blade lubrication. These other products dry the blade of proper lubrication and can shorten the life of the cutting edge . Our tests have shown that using solvent only as lubrication could wear the cutting edges out in 4 weeks +/-. The use of these spray solvents without using the proper safety gear can be dangerous to your health. Read the can pertaining to proper ventilation and safety gear required. The MSDS for these products will contain safety information and those can be found on our website..
11. Does not include shipping company used, turnaround time, or damage caused by the shipping company. You file all insurance claimes if you asked for insurance, we don't automatically insure packages.
12. Return shipping is not part of returned clippers for warranty work. Unless the responsibility is that of Northern Tails and not a manufactured part.
13. Return shipping is not part of warranty work done on blades or shears. If you insist on sending any of these items back by themselves, and not with your next order, we will inspect and repair for free if its a problem caused by us for free, but you will pay the return shipping. It was already tested for sharpness before it shipped the first time.
14. Expecting or assuming certain services that are not explained or described on the website, or agreed upon in a phone call or written documentaion. Any questions call before shipping.
*** We work on your equipment for a price. If we try our best to get your equipment working to OUR satisfaction, then we will get paid for that. If the customer doesnt think the equipment was repaired their satisfaction, they can show why they think so. If we dissagree on the reason our decision stands. We dont refund money, we dont do warranty work on equipment if our customer service policy wasn't followed. We will however review the said equipment for a price, never for free, your paying for our time.
15. If by chance we have to replace equipment lost due to our negligence, there will be a three month waiting period from the ship date to make sure the box is really lost and unretrievable. We require an inventory of what equipment you sent that you can produce a receipt for. If a receipt can not be produced, we will replace said equipment with comperable equipment of our choosing, or pay $10 per blade and shears because the items were not new when you sent them to us. You wont get new equipment.
16. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLEANING OF YOUR DISQUISTING EQUIPMENT, WE ARE SHARPENERS. Your equipment needs to be cleaned daily for the protection of yourself and your clustomers. Wiping down your shears of nasty stuff is YOUR job, we will sharpen them only. Cleaning your blades of dog shit and blade plaque from between the teeth is YOUR job, we will sharpen them only. If you are that type of groomer that will only clean their equipment when it gets sharpened and not daily like you are suppose to, please find another sharpener because we wont do it either for you.
17. IF WE OPEN A BOX OF SHARPENING FROM YOU AND FIND FLEAS, WE WILL CLOSE IT BACK UP AND REFUSE IT SO IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU. We ask that you at least clean the hair out of your blades before sending them to us. This assures there isnt any fleas in your order.
18. CLIPPER REPAIR: When you send a clipper to us for repair, we ask you in writing to tell us what you think is wrong with it, or what you need done to it. If you don't give us the information we ask for, you leave the diagnosis and repair entirely up to us. We Charge a labor cost to do anything to the clipper, so minor repairs like blade drives, hinges, cleaning hair from around the hinge and blade drive should be part of your maintenace program on your clipper. We bench test every clipper for cord issues, armature problems, blade drive, and we clean the hair out of the blade drive area and the hinge. Don't tell us to give your clipper a tune up, there is no such thing as a tune up on an Andis cor Furzone clipper. mThere are only specific items that need attention. We have a parts list on our website that covers the prices of the normal repair parts for the Andis and Furzone clippers. You have the opportunity to look at this list by using the links available on the Information and Mail-in sheet pages of the website. Dont call and complain about pricing and labor charges, you could ask for a quote in writing, but we will not call you with a repair price or permission to repair your clipper unless you ask this in writing on the paperwork sent with your sharpening order. Without this documentation, your giving us permission to repair what needs repaired on your clipper. There will be no returns or refunds. We mark the inside of your clipper the date and the name of the part we serviced other than a blade drive.
19. We keep all credit card information on file in our CTI certified database. A CTI certified database is montored by the bank and is a stand alone unit, it is not connected to the internet. It is secure.
20. WE DO NOT CALL YOU FOR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. The reason is simple. When we called customers in the past we would always get voice mail. They either were too busy to answer, screening their calls, or just didnt want to answer for various reasons. Our website states this policy along with the Inventory sheet your are suppose to send with your order. If we are forced to call for various reasons, we will call ONE TIME ONLY, then put your box back on the shelf and wait for your return call. We are too busy to keep calling you for your information, if your not a responsible person dont sent your equipment to us..